Sat, 20 May|
An Introduction to Jungian Sandplay Therapy with Dr. Barbara Turner
Join Dr. Barbara Turner to examine Jungian Sandplay; understand how it differs from other methods of working in the sand and investigate how Sandplay works neurobiologically to effect psyche change.
Time & Location
20 May 2023, 13:00 – 21 May 2023, 17:00
About the course
In these lectures we will define what Jungian Sandplay is and how it is done. We will examine how Jungian Sandplay differs from other methods of working in the sand, allowing the psyche of the child or the adult to directly address the underlying conflict or trauma. We will survey Carl G. Jung’s personality theory to understand how the elements and dynamics of the human psyche work together in the pursuit of balance and integration. In addition, we will investigate how Sandplay works neurobiologically to effect psyche change. All the theoretical material will be richly illustrated with Sandplay case material.
Dr. Turner encourages active questioning and participation from class members, creating an open and relaxed learning environment.
*This is a live only event and takes place over 2 days, studying for 3.5 hours per day.
About Dr. Turner
Barbara Turner began her study of Jungian Sandplay therapy with the founder of the method, Dora M. Kalff, in Switzerland in 1988. She has done extensive research into the theory and healing process of Sandplay. She focused her doctoral studies on the Sandplay method, writing her dissertation on methods of understanding Sandplay process. Dr. Turner was instrumental in returning the classic books in Sandplay to print and is the author of what is considered by some to be the authoritative text on Jungian Sandplay, The Handbook of Sandplay Therapy, now translated into Korean, Chinese, Russian and Italian. The Handbook is the most read book on Sandplay around the world. She teaches Sandplay therapy to mental health clinicians internationally and serves as consultant to practicing Sandplay & play therapists.
Dr. Turner has co-authored with Dr. Kristín Unnsteinsdóttir, Sandplay and Storytelling: The Impact of Imaginative Thinking on Children’s Learning and Development, as well as Sandtray Play in Education. She is also the chief editor of The Routledge International Handbook of Sandplay Therapy.
Dr. Turner is the founder of the Association for Sandplay Therapy – AST, the international professional organization dedicated to maintaining the core principles of Sandplay in our work and teaching – clarity, loving kindness & humility.
Booking and Cancellations Policy
- Participants must advise PIP Solutions Training Limited of a cancellation in writing.
- If a participant does not advise of a cancellation in writing before the date of the course presentation, the full course fee will be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking 14 calendar days or more before the date of the course, 50% of the course fee will still be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking less than 14 calendar days before the date of the course,100% of the course fee will be payable.
- It is possible to transfer only once to another course.
- Transfers can only be made to a course (of the same title) where there are still places available.
- If you can no longer attend a course date, you can nominate another person to attend the same course in your place. This will incur no charge.
- Transfers requested up to 14 calendar days before the course will be free of charge. After that time, transfers will be subject to a 25% administration fee.
- PIP Solutions Training Limited has the right to cancel a training after acceptance of payment. If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred.
- If you are not able to attend, you will be reimbursed in full for any course fees paid and PIP Solutions Training Limited’s liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid.
- Ticket type
Intro to Jungian Sandplay
with Dr. Barbara TurnerPrice£170.00