Sat, 16 Sept|
Awaken the Great Mother Archetype: Connection to Self, to Other and to Place
Join Kate Macairt for an introduction to some of the key concepts of Landplay Therapy - Outdoor Play Therapy training which explores Jungian principles of Anima -Animus and internal archetypal energy.
Time & Location
16 Sept 2023, 10:00 – 16:30
About the course
About the Workshop:
The workshop introduces participants to some of the key concepts of Landplay Therapy; Outdoor Play Therapy training which explores Jungian principles of Anima -Animus and internal archetypal energy. The importance of connecting to our external environment as a significant aspect of the healing process is key to Landplay philosophy.
The workshop explores the essential power of the Great Mother archetypal energy, the internal energy which empowers connection to Other and connection to Place. the Jungian concept of archetypal energy resonates with non-western traditions of internal energy and healing.
The Great Mother archetypal energy is the primary energy source required by the baby infant, and it is the energy we continue to need throughout life to feel grounded and safe. A deficit in opportunities to activate Great Mother energy in infancy links with insecure attachment issues and the workshop explains why taking sessions into the outdoors is so effective and can reinforce and enrich the client process.
- We consider how sensory inputs are enriched when out of the confinement of four walls and how important sensory play is to building resilience
- We consider how the outdoor space does not need to be full of trees and wildness! Urban environments still provide enriched diversity of sensory data
- We consider how creative play is an essential aspect of managing adversity and strengthening resilience. We will consider how the Great Mother energy contributes to the emerging Ego and how nature play supports the growth of positive Ego attributes : the Hero Warrior.
You will need, paper and colouring pencils or pens and if possible a lump of clay about the size of an orange. You will be asked to collect 7 natural objects during a short break – if that is not practical for you please collect them before the zoom.
*This is a live only event and will not be recorded.
Kate has been working with children and young adults for over 15 years as Therapist and previously 18years as Teacher. Her background is in Expressive Arts Education and her interest in the significance of the creative instinct led her to research creativity and its connection to well-being and academic achievement as part of a Masters in Education. The discovery of Play Therapy persuaded her to re-train and she moved from Creative Teacher to Creative Play Therapist. Kate’s passion and love of Mother Nature and spending time outside has infiltrated into her role as Teacher of Art and Play Therapist.
Kate supports the Forest School and Outdoor Education movement and she has worked for Circle of Life Rediscovery for several years. She helps facilitate at North Devon Forest School, and together with Ali Chown is a founder of the Collaboration of Outdoor Play Therapists. (COOPT).
Kate has been a freelance Senior Course Director for Academy of Play and Child Psychotherapy for 10 years teaching the Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy. She founded Creative Spark in 2009 which provides Creative Play Therapy, SandPlay Therapy, Training and Clinical Supervision.
Kate has been Key Speaker at the first Play Therapy Conference in Indonesia in 2015 and facilitator of workshops at PTIndo conference 2018. She has provided a number of public workshops on Power of Play in S.E Asia (2015, 2016) and provided LandPlay : outdoor play therapy training in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia in Autumn 2017. She has facilitated creative outdoor workshops in France (at Tariki Buddhist Centre),Spain ( Play Is The Way Conference 17) and UK in Ireland and England.
Booking and Cancellations Policy
- Participants must advise PIP Solutions Training Limited of a cancellation in writing.
- If a participant does not advise of a cancellation in writing before the date of the course presentation, the full course fee will be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking 14 calendar days or more before the date of the course, 50% of the course fee will still be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking less than 14 calendar days before the date of the course,100% of the course fee will be payable.
- It is possible to transfer only once to another course.
- Transfers can only be made to a course (of the same title) where there are still places available.
- If you can no longer attend a course date, you can nominate another person to attend the same course in your place. This will incur no charge.
- Transfers requested up to 14 calendar days before the course will be free of charge. After that time, transfers will be subject to a 25% administration fee.
- PIP Solutions Training Limited has the right to cancel a training after acceptance of payment. If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred.
- If you are not able to attend, you will be reimbursed in full for any course fees paid and PIP Solutions Training Limited’s liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid.
- Ticket type
Awaken the Great Mother
with Kate McCairtPrice£130.00