Sat, 04 May|
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder (FASD) and the Developing Child
This refresher session will briefly consider what FASD is and how children are assessed. Case Studies will be shared to demonstrate how the creative toolkit can be used to work therapeutically with clients.
Time & Location
04 May 2024, 11:00 – 12:30
About the course
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome in Early Infancy was first reported in 1973 and refers to a range of neurodevelopmental problems resulting from prenatal alcohol exposure for the unborn baby. A lifelong condition that can have profound effects on the developing brain and body, several studies suggest that at least 3 in every 100 babies born in the UK are affected by FASD.
This refresher session will briefly consider what FASD is, how children are assessed including ten areas of functioning, sentinel and non-sentinel features which lead to diagnosis of FASD by a qualified clinician. We will share case studies to show how the creative toolkit can be used to work therapeutically with children who have FASD.
- This live online session wil be recorded. Participants unable to join the live event may sign up and will have access to a recording following the event.
- Participants will be invited to join an Event Group where they will get access to the Handout and a recording of the session.
Booking and Cancellations Policy
- Participants must advise PIP Solutions Training Limited of a cancellation in writing.
- If a participant does not advise of a cancellation in writing before the date of the course presentation, the full course fee will be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking 14 calendar days or more before the date of the course, 50% of the course fee will still be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking less than 14 calendar days before the date of the course,100% of the course fee will be payable.
- It is possible to transfer only once to another course.
- Transfers can only be made to a course (of the same title) where there are still places available.
- If you can no longer attend a course date, you can nominate another person to attend the same course in your place. This will incur no charge.
- Transfers requested up to 14 calendar days before the course will be free of charge. After that time, transfers will be subject to a 25% administration fee.
- PIP Solutions Training Limited has the right to cancel a training after acceptance of payment. If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred.
- If you are not able to attend, you will be reimbursed in full for any course fees paid and PIP Solutions Training Limited’s liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid.
- Ticket type