Sat, 18 Nov|
Healing Developmental Trauma Using Play Therapy with Jackie Flynn
An experiential workshop designed to support clinicians with learning about developmentally appropriate psychotherapeutic treatment for Developmental Trauma through Play Therapy applications of attachment theory in family systems.
Time & Location
18 Nov 2023, 12:00 – 19:00
About the course
This 7 hour online experiential workshop supports clinicians with learning about developmentally appropriate psychotherapeutic treatment for Developmental Trauma through Play Therapy applications of attachment theory in family systems.
A clear and concise conceptualization of what helps support the healing process in the aftermath of multiple childhood traumas. Prominent Play Therapy clinical approaches are discussed, role-played, demonstrated and/or practiced to strengthen clinicians’ practical Play Therapy application knowledge and implementation in practice when working with Developmental Trauma.
- Discuss the impact of childhood traumatic stress and adverse childhood experiences through the lens of the ACES study.
- Explain developmental trauma as it applies to potential aftermath of multiple, repeated and cumulative childhood traumas.
- Identify 3 or more qualitative and quantitative methods to identify and assess for developmental trauma in Play Therapy.
- List the types of trauma, common treatment approaches and related impacts to the nervous system.
- Conceptualize common presenting attachment patterns typical of developmental trauma on the family system.
- Compare and contrast bottom-up and top-down applications in Play Therapy.
- Explain 3 ways to support caregivers in a parent role of child(ren) experiencing the impact of developmental trauma in Play Therapy.
- Discuss the importance of establishing effective affect regulation skills and resources for the individual to remain stable, PRIOR to in-depth exploration of a trauma history.
- Explain how to increase clients capacity for state change in their Autonomic Nervous System through 7 Play Therapy applications to enhance the felt sense of safety and connection within the family system.
- List the Therapeutic powers of Play and demonstrate 7 Play Therapy applications to include bottom-up and top-down as ways to foster a sense of safety and enhance the individual’s capacity to connect.
- Identify 6 Play Therapy applications utilizing tenets of Polyvagal Theory to enhance co-regulation, social relationships and foster emotional wellness in familiy systems with children presenting with Developmental Trauma.
*This is a live event and is not being recorded.
Speaker Name & Bio:
Jackie Flynn is a Registered Play Therapist, Certified EMDR therapist and an EMDRIA Approved Consultant, Approved Provider for the Association for Play Therapy, EMDRIA Approved Advanced trainer, as well as an Education Consultant supporting school systems with professional development training for teachers and administrators, a private practitioner of a Play Therapy practice in Central Florida, an author, as well as an internationally known speaker.
Play Therapy applications of the Polyvagal Theory is at the heart of her work with a foundational focus on SAFETY and CONNECTION.
Jackie earned a certification from ILS, Integrated Listening Systems, to provide the Safe and Sound Protocol, or SSP, a non-invasive application of Polyvagal Theory to individuals of all ages to help them heal through an intervention involving listening to therapeutically modified music in support of regulation of the autonomic nervous system.
While Jackie is known best for her work with children, teens and families, she also works with individuals of all ages integrating PLAY Therapy at every opportunity. Driven by her desire to greatly reduce the amount of suffering in the world, she takes pride in her experiential trainings, consultations, and development of clinical resources for child therapists. Her expertise in Telehealth has allowed her to help clinicians from all over the world deliver the healing power of Play and EMDR therapies to people of all ages virtually.
Jackie is the host of the Play Therapy Community Podcast, which has been downloaded over 450,000 times in over 55 countries. She is a host of the annual Innovative Child Therapy Symposium, Neuroscience of Play Therapy at the Beach, and PLAYful EMDR Summit. She’s the author of Being Human: a Polyvagal informed story about the states of the nervous system and In My Body, I Feel: a story about the felt sense of emotions.
Booking and Cancellations Policy
- Participants must advise PIP Solutions Training Limited of a cancellation in writing.
- If a participant does not advise of a cancellation in writing before the date of the course presentation, the full course fee will be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking 14 calendar days or more before the date of the course, 50% of the course fee will still be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking less than 14 calendar days before the date of the course,100% of the course fee will be payable.
- It is possible to transfer only once to another course.
- Transfers can only be made to a course (of the same title) where there are still places available.
- If you can no longer attend a course date, you can nominate another person to attend the same course in your place. This will incur no charge.
- Transfers requested up to 14 calendar days before the course will be free of charge. After that time, transfers will be subject to a 25% administration fee.
- PIP Solutions Training Limited has the right to cancel a training after acceptance of payment. If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred.
- If you are not able to attend, you will be reimbursed in full for any course fees paid and PIP Solutions Training Limited’s liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid.
- Ticket type
Healing Developmental Trauma
with Jackie FlynnPrice£150.00