Sat, 22 Apr|
Resparking with Dr. Graham Music
Join Graham Music and discover what you need to know to help children and young people recover from emotional numbing after trauma, or neglect.
Time & Location
22 Apr 2023, 10:00 – 13:30
About the course
About the Event
Graham will share insights from his latest book ‘RESPARK – Igniting hope and joy after trauma and depression’.
He will discuss how to understand and work with more shut-down states in children, such as those seen after trauma, neglect and learned helplessness. He will discuss the relational impact not only of trauma, but also of emotional flatness and lack of energy, the variety of forms this can take, and how aliveness may return after it. New science will be linked with clinical insights needed to shift people from ‘desparked’, lifeless, unenergised states – and think about how to reboot and respark emotional and bodily aliveness in our clients, and possibly in ourselves too!
The talk will use video clips and slides as well as clinical examples and there will be some opportunities for discussion, using his decades of experience to guide us in reigniting zest and optimism in troubled children. Weaving cutting-edge science with therapeutic experience, Music uses tales from the consulting room and life to outline steps needed to regenerate confidence and desire.
Graham Music is a psychotherapist, trainer, and author. He is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist at the Tavistock Centre where he has worked for over 20 years, and has been an adult Psychotherapist for over 30 years. Formerly Associate Clinical Director of the Tavistock Clinic’s Child and Family Department, he has developed many innovative programs, including setting up services in over 40 schools and a range of services working with the aftermath of child maltreatment and neglect.
His clinical specialty for decades been understanding and working with trauma. He supervises and teaches nationally and internationally and has a particular interest in linking cutting-edge developmental findings with therapeutic practice.
His publications include:
- Respark: Igniting Hope and Joy after trauma and depression (2022)
- Nurturing Children From Trauma to Hope (2019)
- Nurturing Natures (2016, 2010)
- Affect and Emotion (2001)
- The Good Life (2014)
- From Trauma to Harming Others (2021) (co-Editor)
A recording of the event will be made available for 72 hours post-event for all participants who register to attend.
Booking and Cancellations Policy
- Participants must advise PIP Solutions Training Limited of a cancellation in writing.
- If a participant does not advise of a cancellation in writing before the date of the course presentation, the full course fee will be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking 14 calendar days or more before the date of the course, 50% of the course fee will still be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking less than 14 calendar days before the date of the course,100% of the course fee will be payable.
- It is possible to transfer only once to another course.
- Transfers can only be made to a course (of the same title) where there are still places available.
- If you can no longer attend a course date, you can nominate another person to attend the same course in your place. This will incur no charge.
- Transfers requested up to 14 calendar days before the course will be free of charge. After that time, transfers will be subject to a 25% administration fee.
- PIP Solutions Training Limited has the right to cancel a training after acceptance of payment. If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred.
- If you are not able to attend, you will be reimbursed in full for any course fees paid and PIP Solutions Training Limited’s liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid.
- Ticket type
Refinding a Spark
Untangling and working with Neglect, Dissociation and Depression In Children and Young People - Graham MusicPrice£85.00