Sun, 05 Feb|
The Golden Nuggets of StoryPlay with Dr. Joyce Mills
Join Dr. Joyce Mills in her workshop, presenting the golden nuggets of StoryPlay®, an Ericksonian, resiliency-based, indirective process of Play Therapy.
Time & Location
05 Feb 2023, 16:00 – 19:15
About the course
Founder, Dr. Joyce Mills will present the golden nuggets of StoryPlay®, an Ericksonian, resiliency-based, indirective process of Play Therapy. During this three-hour webinar, Dr Joyce will provide participants with the nine essential elements of StoryPlay Therapy, and show us how to identify, access, and utilize the inner resources, skills, and gifts within our clients as invaluable gems to move us beyond diagnosis and provide creative approaches to effect transformational change for the children and adolescents in our care.
- Access Inner Resources of a child or adolescent during the first session of Play Therapy.
- Identify three of the nine essential elements of StoryPlay® therapy.
- Use “Interspersed Suggestions” for facilitating positive emotional and behavioral change.
- Recognize how to utilize the elements of our natural ecology as metaphors in the quest for positive change and healing in Play Therapy
- Learn two StoryCrafts for experiential healing in Play Therapy
About Dr. Joyce Mills
Founder of StoryPlay® Global, award-winning Play Therapist, author of eight books, and considered an expert in metaphorical interventions, Dr. Joyce Mills is an internationally recognized storyteller, consultant, workshop leader, program development specialist, and keynote speaker to medical, psychological, and educational organizations. With “resiliency” and “creativity” at its heart, Dr. Mills developed StoryPlay®, a new Ericksonian Indirective model of Play Therapy helping children, adults, families, and communities heal from trauma and disaster.
In addition to her training programs, Dr. Mills is a Co-Director of the Phoenix Institute of Ericksonian Therapy, a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and a registered Play Therapy Supervisor. Her books include Therapeutic Metaphors for Children and the Child Within (Second Edition); Reconnecting to the Magic of Life; Butterfly Wisdom; Little Tree, Gentle Willow; and Sammy the Elephant and Mr. Camel.
- Award-winning Co-Author of Therapeutic Metaphors for Children and the Child Within
- 2014: AZ Association for Play Therapy for “Distinguished Service” award during their 19th Annual State Conference in Phoenix Arizona.
- 2014: Paris France – “Lifelong work and contributions to the field of multicultural hypnotherapy.”
- Ticket type
Golden Nuggets of StoryPlay
with Dr. Joyce MillsPrice£85.00