Sat, 21 Oct|
The Treasure Map to the Self - Fostering Ego Development though Play Therapy
Using Erich Neumann’s map of ego development as a guide, this one-day training focuses on understanding and facilitating the stages of play that help children resolve trauma, become better regulated, handle big emotions and individuate.
Time & Location
21 Oct 2023, 12:00 – 19:30
About the course
About the workshop:
Using Erich Neumann’s map of ego development as a guide, this one-day training focuses on understanding and facilitating the stages of play that help children resolve trauma, become better regulated, handle big emotions and individuate. These stages are manifest in the imagery and energy of the play process.
In his classic book The Origins and History of Consciousness, Neumann re-envisions ego development using mythology – creation myths, hero myths and transformation myths. When the child is fully engaged in the play process we may witness Neumann’s stages in action… and both psyche and body transform, defense systems reorganize and the individuation process resumes, following Neumann’s map. This training is also influenced by the work of Bowlby, Winnicott, Jung and Erikson and will use theory, case material and experiential process. Recommended for both seasoned therapists and those new to the field.
Dennis was a pioneer in play therapy and has been working with children and adults for 45 years. His approach has been described in books, articles and keynotes.
*Please note this is a live only event and is not being recorded.
Dennis has worked for 45 years as a play therapist with children. Trained initially as a dancer and dance therapist he went on to study Bioenergetic analysis and Jungian analysis. He has developed a unique approach to play therapy, which is both body-centered and imagination driven, informed by these methods as well as the thousands of children he has treated.
His approach is described in several books including “If You Turned into a Monster – Transformation through Play” and A Manual of Dynamic Play Therapy – Helping Things Fall Apart: The Paradox of Play” as well as numerous professional journals. He has given keynotes and trainings internationally and co-leads a biannual workshop for personal growth in the Greek islands entitled “The Heart Leaps Up…”
Booking and Cancellations Policy
- Participants must advise PIP Solutions Training Limited of a cancellation in writing.
- If a participant does not advise of a cancellation in writing before the date of the course presentation, the full course fee will be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking 14 calendar days or more before the date of the course, 50% of the course fee will still be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking less than 14 calendar days before the date of the course,100% of the course fee will be payable.
- It is possible to transfer only once to another course.
- Transfers can only be made to a course (of the same title) where there are still places available.
- If you can no longer attend a course date, you can nominate another person to attend the same course in your place. This will incur no charge.
- Transfers requested up to 14 calendar days before the course will be free of charge. After that time, transfers will be subject to a 25% administration fee.
- PIP Solutions Training Limited has the right to cancel a training after acceptance of payment. If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred.
- If you are not able to attend, you will be reimbursed in full for any course fees paid and PIP Solutions Training Limited’s liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid.
- Ticket type