Sat, 20 Jan|
Join Karen & Tara as they consider how a trauma loop is formed, the main parts of the brain and nervous system involved and consider 4 strategies that can be safely and ethically offered to the client by the child therapist.
Time & Location
20 Jan 2024, 11:00 – 12:30
About the course
When trauma is experienced, the child’s brain can get stuck in a hyper-aroused state. A physiological process, fight, flight, freeze responses can be triggered in reaction to everyday events. In the context of a safe environment, the autonomic nervous system is hypervigilant, in the context of an unsafe environment, the autonomic response is inadequate for the situation.
Trauma looping can occur when past traumatic experiences are triggered in there here and now. Often there is a cycle of behaviours, thoughts, and feelings which compromise the child’s homeostasis.
This refresher session will briefly consider how a trauma loop is formed, the main parts of the brain and nervous system involved and consider 4 strategies that can be safely and ethically offered to the client by the child therapist.
- This live online session wil be recorded. Participants unable to join the live event may sign up and will have access to a recording following the event.
- Participants will be invited to join an Event Group where they will get access to the Handout and a recording of the session.
Booking and Cancellations Policy
- Participants must advise PIP Solutions Training Limited of a cancellation in writing.
- If a participant does not advise of a cancellation in writing before the date of the course presentation, the full course fee will be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking 14 calendar days or more before the date of the course, 50% of the course fee will still be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking less than 14 calendar days before the date of the course,100% of the course fee will be payable.
- It is possible to transfer only once to another course.
- Transfers can only be made to a course (of the same title) where there are still places available.
- If you can no longer attend a course date, you can nominate another person to attend the same course in your place. This will incur no charge.
- Transfers requested up to 14 calendar days before the course will be free of charge. After that time, transfers will be subject to a 25% administration fee.
- PIP Solutions Training Limited has the right to cancel a training after acceptance of payment. If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred.
- If you are not able to attend, you will be reimbursed in full for any course fees paid and PIP Solutions Training Limited’s liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid.
- Ticket type