Fri, 15 Mar|
Certificate in Post-Adoption Therapy for Children & Young People
Comprehensive post-adoption online training supporting qualified practitioners to work safely and effectively with adopted children or young people.
Time & Location
15 Mar 2024, 09:00 GMT – 17 Mar 2024, 17:00 GMT
About the course
Children and young people who have been adopted are often vulnerable due to their past experiences prior to their adoption which impacts on the here and now. Qualified therapists working with this special population require specialist skills, application of solid theoretical knowledge with the ability to hold and support family members in a manner unique to post adoption therapy.
PIP Solutions has designed the accredited online ‘Certificate in Post-Adoption Therapy for Children and Young People’ for qualified child therapists and play therapists wishing to work within this specialist area. This comprehensive and rigorous training course will equip qualified therapists with key knowledge and skills to understand the adoption process and its effects on all parties. It will provide information on topics including attachment, neurobiology, developmental trauma, loss and about the protective adaptations that adopted children make in service of survival.
- To gain knowledge of adoption and its historical context in the UK
- To understand legal processes in adoption and special guardianship
- To develop an ethical and professional presence
- To have an awareness of the challenges in adoption support
- To develop skills to support those affected by adoption and special guardianship orders
Participants will be required to
- Sign and submit a Contract which includes a privacy and confidentiality disclaimer.
- Attend all teaching days, reflective sessions and complete a final online assessment.
- Always have their video on throughout the training
Participants take full responsibility for registering with either Ofsted or an Adoption Support Agency prior to undertaking any Post-Adoption Therapy clients.
- Cost: £1080: The course fee includes 39 hours teaching, written reflections (x4), individual reflective sessions (x4), final online assessment.
- To organise a payment plan, please email us at email@example.com.
Module 1: Day 1
Module 1: Day 2
- Ticket type
Comprehensive post-adoption online training supporting qualified practitioners to work safely and effectively with adopted children or young people.Price£1,080.00