Fri, 22 Nov|
Parental Engagement in Action
A Training Course for Therapists to Skilfully Engage Parents in their child’s Therapeutic Journey
Time & Location
22 Nov 2024, 09:00 – 24 Nov 2024, 17:00
About the course
Active participation of parents in their child's therapeutic process is fundamental to achieving successful therapeutic outcomes. If therapists can provide care, guidance, and psychoeducation for parents, it will better support the dyadic components of the parent-child relationship.
Although there is consensus among child therapists that effective consultation with parents can maximize beneficial outcomes for children, parental involvement in the process does not often extend beyond the intake session, formal reviews, and brief periodic check-ins when the parent brings their child to therapy.
This Course will support qualified child therapists to develop their knowledge, skills and confidence when working with parents. Participants will be given the opportunity to learn new theoretical approaches, explore what might be influencing their response to parents, have the opportunity for role-play and develop practical techniques.
- To explore the parent/therapist dyad and understand the therapist’s responsibilities and limitations within this particular relationship
- To deepen the therapists own process and understand what might be influencing their response to parents within this relationship
- To develop a good understanding of recent theories and therapeutic models to support working with parents and to translate this knowledge into practicable skills
Participants will be required to
- Sign and submit a Contract which includes a privacy and confidentiality disclaimer.
- Attend all teaching days and complete a final online assessment.
- Always have their video on throughout the training.
- Ticket type
Parental Engagement in ActionPrice£390.00