Sat, 20 Apr|
This refresher session offers an opportunity to delve into your own thoughts and concerns surrounding the use of safe touch in child therapy sessions.
Time & Location
20 Apr 2024, 11:00 – 12:30
About the course
Touch is one of the first senses to develop and is a whole-body experience as receptors are in the skin. Yet, it can raise interesting discussions amongst professionals especially those working with children and young people because of concerns and issues that can arise.
Recognizing the role of safe touch in fostering attachment security with the primary caregiver, it can have a profound impact on a child and the parent-child dyad. Healthy, sensitive, and comforting touch promotes a sense of safety and security, with Oxytocin known as the ‘love or care hormone’ released which nurtures the nervous system.
This refresher session offers an opportunity to delve into your own thoughts and concerns surrounding the use of safe touch in child therapy sessions. Addressing the topic of touch within therapy can be divisive and uncomfortable for many, deemed as a potential risk assessment challenge. We will consider how to harness the healing properties of touch using the creative toolkit and therapist responses when the client has touch related needs.
- This live online session wil be recorded. Participants unable to join the live event may sign up and will have access to a recording following the event.
- Participants will be invited to join an Event Group where they will get access to the Handout and a recording of the session.
Booking and Cancellations Policy
- Participants must advise PIP Solutions Training Limited of a cancellation in writing.
- If a participant does not advise of a cancellation in writing before the date of the course presentation, the full course fee will be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking 14 calendar days or more before the date of the course, 50% of the course fee will still be payable.
- If a participant cancels a booking less than 14 calendar days before the date of the course,100% of the course fee will be payable.
- It is possible to transfer only once to another course.
- Transfers can only be made to a course (of the same title) where there are still places available.
- If you can no longer attend a course date, you can nominate another person to attend the same course in your place. This will incur no charge.
- Transfers requested up to 14 calendar days before the course will be free of charge. After that time, transfers will be subject to a 25% administration fee.
- PIP Solutions Training Limited has the right to cancel a training after acceptance of payment. If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred.
- If you are not able to attend, you will be reimbursed in full for any course fees paid and PIP Solutions Training Limited’s liability will be limited to the value of the course fees paid.
- Ticket type